The event will be Saturday, Feb. 10, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Local artists have created pieces such as romantic-themed paintings with flowers, dancers, scenic getaways and couples in love. In addition, other artists have created pottery and stained glass pieces with hearts and terms of endearment.
“At High Cotton Arts, you can pick up your flowers, hearts, jewelry and a card for that special someone so that you make your Valentine feel special,” said Athens Arts League Board President Jennifer Hilton Sampieri.
Vendors will also offer handmade frames, romantic novels and City of Athens bicentennial coins.
The event will include a popcorn bar with chocolate and candy toppings, live music by members of Sharpshooter and a stained glass demonstration. Shoppers can also register to win a $25 gift card to use on art or art classes at High Cotton Arts.
“As an art incubator, we provide a location for more than 15 artists to operate their own business in Athens,” said Athens Arts League Vice President Diane Lehr. “Our goal with this event is to encourage the public to not only enjoy and own art, but to support these small business owners.”
Here are some of the specials and creations artists and vendors will offer on Saturday:
- Artist Emily Cole – Valentine’s themed ceramic mugs and dishes.
- Artist Sanda Bishop – Romantic themed paintings, cards and hearts suitable for hanging on doors.
- Artist Sonya Gordon – Small specially priced paintings with special gift packaging, including chocolate.
- Artist Tanjie Nash Schrimsher – New prints, jewelry and keychains.
- Artist Denise Maurer – Stained glass heart pieces and a stained glass demonstration.
- Artist Tina Swindell – Valentine’s themed paintings, ceramic tiles and decorative boxes.
- Artist Lynn Weatherford – Various paintings of couples, scenic sites and cards.
- Artist Jane Blevins – Small and medium size paintings with flowers and other subjects.
- Artist Cleve Smith – Paintings of couples, scenic sites, and more.
- Artist Vickie Camp – Variety of small paintings.
- Artist Roberta Ress – Valentine’s themed pottery pieces with hearts, “Love” and more.
- Artist Val Rainey – Romantic themed paintings.
- Photographer Randall Lewter – Cards with flowers and historic sites and prints of historic places and subjects.
- Scout Music House Committee – Selling City of Athens bicentennial coins for $5 with proceeds benefiting the Scout Music House renovation project.
- Author Karen Middleton – Selling and autographing copies of her novel “Dr. Browns A Klondike Love Story.” Books are $10
- Southern Framing and Prints – Selling handmade frames in a variety of colors and sizes.